Green Chile and Lime Pickle
|Green chiles||1 Pound|
|Dry mustard||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Asafoetida||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Fenugreek leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
1) Rinse thoroughly the chiles, snapping off any stalks, and dry them well.
2) Cut the limes in half, extract the juice, and remove the flesh.
3) Now mix the lime juice with the mustard and salt.
4) Heat the oil until nearly boiling or near to smoking point.
5) Take off from the heat and add the asafetida, fenugreek, and turmeric.
6) Add in the mustard mixture and green chiles, mixing well.
7) Into clean glass or ceramic jars, transfer the mixture when cool and cover with nonmetallic, airtight lids.
Store in a cool, dark place or the refrigerator.
Serve when desired with main dish or snacks.
Calories 39 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.8%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 776 mg32.3%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.4%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 0.25 g0.51%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 34%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet