Pork Chops with Ham and Pickles
|Pork loin chops||2 1⁄2 Pound (3/4 Inch Thick, 6 Pieces)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Sweet hungarian paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ham slices strip||6 Ounce, boiled, cut into 3-by-1/3-by-1/3-inch julienne strips|
|Sour gherkin pickles||6 Ounce, cut into 3-by-1/3-by-1/3-inch julienne strips|
1) Preheat oven to 200Â°F before warming.
2) Using paper towels dry the pork chops gently and season generously with salt and a few grindings of pepper.
3) Coat them with flour and shake off the excess.
4) In a heavy 10- or 12-inch skillet, heat lard until a light haze forms over it and then sautÃ© 2 or 3 chops at a time for about 4 minutes on each side, until they are lightly browned.
5) To a platter, transfer the chops and discard all but a thin film of the fat.
6) Stir in onions and garlic and sautÃ© them for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are lightly colored.
7) Take them off from heat and then mix in paprika, stirring continuously until the onions are well coated.
8) Place the skillet back to high heat and stir in stock and tomato puree.
9) Allow the liquid to come to a boil and then mix in chops.
10) Lower the heat to its lowest point and simmer the mixture, covered for about 40 minutes, until the chops can be pierced easily with the tip of a small sharp knife.
11) Toss the chops once while they are simmering.
12) On a heated serving platter, arrange the chops and keep them warm in preheated oven.
13) In a mixing bowl, beat flour into the sour cream using a wire whisk.
14) Beat this mixture into the skillet and cook for 2 or 3 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thick and smooth.
15) Stir in ham and pickle strips and again simmer the mixture for 1 or 2 minutes longer, until they are heated.
16) Adjust seasoning and spoon some of the sauce over the chops.
17) Serve the chops hot with rest of the sauce served separately.