|Carrots||6 Medium, peeled, cut crosswise in 2 1/2-inch pieces|
|Celery stalks||6 Medium, each cut crosswise in thirds|
|Green pepper||1 , cut in 12 pieces|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon|
1) Shred carrots with a knife or in a food processor bowl fitted with a shredding disc and empty the bowl on reaching Fill Level.
2) Slice celery in the processor bowl fitting it with a slicing disc.
3) Roughly chop the pepper in the bowl attaching it with a Knife Blade.
4) In a 3-quart saucepan, mix carrots, celery and pepper.
5) Add in rest of the ingredients and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
6) Cover and simmer for 30 minutes after reducing heat and then chill thoroughly.
7) Use as required.
If refrigerated, relish can be kept for 1 to 2 months.
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.47 g0.72%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1045.7 mg43.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 37.5 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 209.3% Vitamin C 41.8%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet