Sliced Cucumber Pickles
|Boiling water||2 Quart|
|Salt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cucumbers||12 1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Boiling water||1 Gallon|
|Brown sugar||6 Pound|
|Whole cloves||2 Tablespoon|
|White mustard seed||4 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||4 Tablespoon|
|Mixed spices||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
1. In a large pan, combine boiling water and salt. Stir until all the salt dissolves.
2. Add the sliced cucumbers to the brine liquid.
3. Cover and let the cucumber stand in the brine for 3 days.
4. Pour off the brine and boil till it come to a rapid boil.
Pour over cucumbers again and let stand 3 days.
5. Repeat this process again thus letting the cucumbers stand in concentrated brine for 9 days.
6. Combine boiling water, alum, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and cloves.
7. Pour over the cucumbers and brine for another 6 hours or overnight.
8. Drain the cucumbers, reserving the liquid and add them to a large stone jar.
9. Heat the liquid again and add along with the mustard, celery, spices, horseradish and garlic to the cucumbers.
10. Drain the pickle every day, reheat the liquid and pour over the cucumbers for 9 days.
11. Use as required in cooking or serve as an accompaniment.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 13293 Calories from Fat 445
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.9%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 98356.5 mg4098.2%
Total Carbohydrates 3217 g1072.5%
Dietary Fiber 122.8 g491.2%
Sugars 2942.7 g
Protein 85 g170.8%
Vitamin A 124.1% Vitamin C 945.8%
Calcium 360.8% Iron 304%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet