|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked beets||4 Cup (64 tbs), diced small|
|Celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. In a basin, combine the flour, sugar and seasonings.
2. Place the basin over a saucepan or simmering water or double boiler.
3. Add the vinegar to the dry ingredients, stirring constantly to blend well and form a thick sauce.
4. Cook the sauce, stirring until it is thick and bubbly.
5. Add the beets, celery and onion to the sauce, heat thorough and take of the heat.
6. Allow the mixture to cool.
7. Serve the relish warm or cold as an accompaniment.