If you ever go to a health food store or a farmers market and to buy a jar of fresh made pickles that have no preservatives or are not pasteurized and are made of organic cucumbers, you will have to shell out at least 8 dollars a jar! Watch the video and learn how to make raw organic and living pickles at home for just about a dollar!
6 Medium, slit lengthwise
2 Clove (10 gm)
1. In a jar pour water and then salt and let it brine.
2. Cut and slice the cucumbers into half lengthwise, peel the garlic and add in the jar the garlic, black pepper, cloves and mustard seed.
3. Start placing the pickles in the jar, ensure they are placed close to each other with very little space, 4. Pour the brine in the jar and seal the top with a piece of foil, place the jar on a shallow bowl so that the excess liquid can be collected.
5. After a week, skin the top and seal the jar with a lid and store it in the fridge.
6. Serve it with your salad or meal if you like.