|Cabbage||1 Quart, chopped|
|Green tomato||1 Quart, chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Sweet red peppers||2 , seeded and chopped|
|Green peppers||2 , seeded and chopped|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), firmly packed|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
1. Combine vegetables and salt; cover and let stand overnight.
2. Drain off as much liquid as possible, pressing through a clean, thin white cloth, if necessary.
3. Place cinnamon, cloves, and allspice in a cheesecloth bag.
4. Place vegetables, spice bag, vinegar, water, sugar, dry mustard, turmeric, and Tabasco sauce in a large kettle.
5. Bring to a boiling point; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Pour into sterilized jars and seal. Process in boiling -water bath 5 minutes.