Curried Tomato Relish
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Pound, skinned and roughly chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Celery stalks||3 , finely chopped|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White malt vinegar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, take tomatoes, onion and celery and marinate with salt.
2) Take a clean towel to cover the bowl and leave it for 24 hours.
3) Drain the vegetables and rinse well to get rid of the excess salt and put the vegetables in an enamel or stainless steel pan.
4) Heat the pan gently and then cook it for 5 minutes.
5) Take a bowl and make a paste with curry powder, mustard, flour and vinegar.
6) Mix sugar in the rest of the vinegar and pour in the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
7) Add the flour paste in the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8) Take hot clean jars and pour the tomato relish in the jars; cover the jars with vinegar-proof lids.
9) Serve as required with your favorite dishes.