Green Tomato Relish
|Ground tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (5 Medium, Green)|
|Ground cucumbers||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled (2 Medium)|
|Ground onions||2 Cup (32 tbs) (4 Medium)|
|Tart apples||3 Medium, peeled and ground|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and ground|
|Sweet red peppers||2 Small, seeded and ground|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|White sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mustard seed||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1. Mix tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, apples, peppers, water, and salt in a large kettle. Let stand for 24 hours; drain off liquid.
2. Add sugar, 1 1/2 cups of the vinegar, and mustard seed. Bring to a slow boil and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Make a paste of flour, dry mustard, turmeric, and remaining 1/2 cup vinegar. Stir into boiling mixture.
4. Simmer for additional 30 minutes or until mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally.
5. Fill sterilized jars and seal. Process in boiling-water bath for 10 minutes.