Hot & Spicy Mixed Vegetable Pickle
|Mixed vegetables||1⁄2 Kilogram (Cauliflower Florets, Beans, Peas, Carrots)|
|Green chilies||10 , slit|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||4 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilies||6 (Or To Taste)|
|Minced ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the vegetables, and drain the water thoroughly. Break the cauliflower into florets, cut the beans into one inch pieces, and the carrots into cubes.
2. Mix the salt with two cups of water. Add the vegetables and keep these overnight in a ceramic jar.
3. Next day drain all the salt water, and spread them on a sheet to dry.
4. Heat the oil, add the green chillies, and when done, add the ground paste and saute on low heat until the oil surfaces.
5. Now add the vegetables, and stir fry for a while. Add sugar, some salt if necessary, and one cup of vinegar. Allow the mixture to simmer for a while, adding additional vinegar if necessary. Remove from fire, cool thoroughly and bottle.