Sweet And Sour Lemon Pickle
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chilly powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon piece||1 Inch|
1. Wash, wipe dry and cut the lemons into long thin slices.
2. In a thick-bottomed saucepan, pour half a cup of water, add the whole spices, salt and vinegar, and set to boil.
3. When it starts to boil, add the lemon pieces and cook until they turn soft. Remove from fire, and allow to cool.
4. To the sugar add half a cup of water and boil until a thick syrup is formed. Add the chilly powder, mix thoroughly, remove from fire, and cool.
5. Pour the cooled syrup into the cooled lemon pieces, and mix thoroughly once again. Cool and bottle.