Dill Cucumber Pickle
|Dill||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm) (1 Large Bundle)|
|Small cucumbers||200 Gram (Very Small Sized)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), thinly sliced|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (White Preferably)|
|Cold water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Peppercorns||To Taste (Few Are Required)|
1. Wash the cucumbers thoroughly. Wipe dry with a clean cloth. Trim the ends, cut each into 3" pieces. Put them in a ceramic bowl, add water, cover, and leave overnight.
2. Next day, drain all the water, prick each piece with a sharp needle and spread on a clean cloth to dry thoroughly.
3. Pick and wash the dill discarding their stems, then chop the leaves fine.
4. In a clean dry jar, spread half the chopped dill and garlic slices, and cover the surface with the cucumber pieces. Spread the rest of the dill and garlic over the cucumber pieces.
5. Boil together the water, vinegar, salt and pepper for 2-3 minutes. Cool and pour this over the cucumber and dill layers, and seal the jar.