Spicy Mango Pickle
|Mangoes||6 Medium, seeds formed|
|Salt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilly powder||2 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Jaggery||15 Gram, powdered (1 small ball)|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm), crushed|
|Ginger||1 Small, chopped|
|Til oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Curry leaves sprigs||2|
|Coriander seeds||4 Tablespoon, broiled and powdered|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash, wipe, clean and deseed the mangoes. Cut into medium-sized pieces, sprinkle salt and turmeric powder, mix well, and set aside.
2. Heat the oil, season with mustard, cloves and curry leaves, add the garlic, ginger and mango pieces (after straining the water out), and fry on very low heat until the pieces get slightly soft.
3. Now add the chilly and jaggery powders, and simmer until blended.
4. Add the prepared masala powder, mix well and continue to cook until the oil surfaces.
5. Remove from fire, cool thoroughly and bottle.