Lemon Pickle with Green Spices
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chilly powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Wash, wipe and cut the lemons into 4 or 8 pieces, add the salt and turmeric powder, and mix. Leave the pieces in a jar and sun for 2-3 days shaking the jar every day.
2. Heat the oil, add the cumin seeds and when done, add the green chillies, ginger and garlic, and saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add all the powders, and stir for a while.
4. Add the sugar and vinegar, and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from fire and cool.
5. When sufficiently cool, add the lemon pieces, mix thoroughly, and bottle. Use after 2-3 days.