Mango Ginger Pickle
|Curry leaves sprigs||4|
|Chili powder||150 Gram|
|Turmeric powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Wash, wipe and cut the mangoes into 8-10 pieces each. Discard the seeds.
2. Scrape the ginger, wash thoroughly, and wipe dry. Peel the garlic and grind both together to a paste.
3. Heat the oil, add the mustard and fenugreek seeds, and when done add the curry leaves. A large pinch of asafoetida can be added if desired.
4. Add the ginger-garlic paste, and saute on low heat until the oil surfaces, adding the turmeric and chilly powders while continuing to fry. Add salt, mix thoroughly, remove and cool.
5. Add the cut mango pieces to the fried masala, and mix thoroughly to coat all the pieces fully.
6. Put these into a jar, cover mouth of jar with a thin muslin cloth, and set jar in the sun for a week or so until the oil surfaces. If it appears dry add some more oil.