Easy Lime Pickle
|Limes||9 (preferably ripe limes)|
|Chilli powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Urad dal||1 Teaspoon|
|Urad dhal||1 Teaspoon|
|Methi seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Pickle||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Wash and dry the limes. (There should be no trace of water on the limes or on the containers and spoons used)
2. Cut 3 limes and squeeze their juices and keep it aside.
3. For the rest 6 limes, cut their stalk end and then into quarters and again to get small pieces.
4. Put this in a microwaveable glass bowl and pour the juice over.
5. Add the salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and sugar. Blend well.
6. In a hot frying pan, add oil; then the mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
7. Add the urad dhal and then the methi seeds. Fry for about 1/2 min.
8. Switch of the flame and add asafoetida.
9. Pour this into the lime mixture and blend well.
10. Microwave the lime pickle for 1 min and then store it in a glass container. Best used after 2-3 weeks.