1. Wash cucumbers and trim a thin slice off from the blossom end. Slice cucumbers and onions into rounds 1/4 inch thick.
2. Transfer the cucumber and onion to a large bowl or pot and sprinkle salt over top. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Drain the cucumber mixture and rinse well.
4. In a large stock pot over medium heat, add vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds and ground turmeric. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil.
5. Boil for 10 minutes then add cucumber mixture. Return to a boil and remove from heat.
6. Ladle the pickle into jars. Run a spatula around the outside edges of the jar to remove air bubbles. Wipe the jar rims with a cloth.
7. Add lids and soak in water bath. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from water bath, and store in a safe place.
8. Serve this Cucumber Pickle with bread and enjoy!
For pickle lovers, bread and butter pickle has always been a delight and with a recipe as easy as the one shown in the video, you would want to make batches again and again! The yummy treat goes well with almost everything.
Homestead Series How To Can Bread And Butter Pickles Recipe Video