1. Wash cucumbers and trim a thin slice off from the blossom end. Slice cucumbers and onions into rounds 1/4 inch thick.
2. Transfer the cucumber and onion to a large bowl or pot and sprinkle salt over top. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Drain the cucumber mixture and rinse well.
4. In a large stock pot over medium heat, add vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds and ground turmeric. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil.
5. Boil for 10 minutes then add cucumber mixture. Return to a boil and remove from heat.
6. Ladle the pickle into jars. Run a spatula around the outside edges of the jar to remove air bubbles. Wipe the jar rims with a cloth.
7. Add lids and soak in water bath. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from water bath, and store in a safe place.
8. Serve this Cucumber Pickle with bread and enjoy!
For pickle lovers, bread and butter pickle has always been a delight and with a recipe as easy as the one shown in the video, you would want to make batches again and again! The yummy treat goes well with almost everything.