|Fresh cucumbers||6 Quart (3-4 Inches, 6 Quart Basket)|
|Vinegar||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Pickling salt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Pickling spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Red hot pepper||1 Small|
1. Wash sealers in hot water. Rinse.
2. In each sealer place a bunch of dill 1 tsp. mixed pickling spice1 red peppergarlic if desired
3. Wash the cucumbers, then prick several times with a fork and pack into the sealers.
4. Put 1/2 tsp. alum in each sealer.
5. Combine the vinegar, salt, sugar and water, and bring to a boil.
6. Pour hot, over the cucumbers, to overflowing. Seal.
7. Leave six weeks before opening.
Calories 11 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.03 g0.04%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.04%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 53.1 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.49%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 0.15 g0.29%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 0.38%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet