Mustard Bean Pickles
|Butter beans||6 Quart (Basket)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Mustard||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Dry)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery seed||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash beans and cut into 1" pieces.
2. Cover with boiling water and 3 tbsp. salt, and cook 1/2 hour.
3. Drain very well.
4. In another large saucepan, mix vinegar and sugar, and bring to a boil.
5. In a small bowl, mix flour, mustard and turmeric.
6. Add enough cold vinegar to mix to a smooth paste.
7. Add this to the vinegar and sugar mixture, stirring vigorously to keep smooth.
8. Add drained beans and celery seed.
9. Boil 5 minutes.
10. Bottle hot, and seal.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 25684 Calories from Fat 984
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g180.8%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1494.9 mg62.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4996 g1665.5%
Dietary Fiber 1123.5 g4493.9%
Sugars 1700.9 g
Protein 1297 g2594.4%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 23.2%
Calcium 630.5% Iron 2613.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet