Get the health benefits of ginger with this simple healthy ginger pickle.
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh)
1 , juiced
1. Cut the ginger into 1/8 inch thick pieces.
2. Add the ginger pieces to an air tight container
3. To this, add salt to taste and juice of one fresh lemon
4. Mix all the ingredients well
5. Cover the air tight container with lid
6. Ginger pickle is ready in 1 hour
7. Serve the ginger pickle with parathas
Not every pantry spice can claim to be as versatile as good old ginger. Pickling ginger is one great way to preserve the root vegetable. Not only does pickled ginger adds a hot-sweet zing to your food, but also makes for a yummy condiment too. Ginger stored with warm spices and oil and dried in the sun makes for a zesty additive any day.