|For hot brine|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pickling salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Soaked in brine and brine discarded)|
|White vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dill weed sprig||1|
|Cucumbers||6 Medium (5-6)|
1. Sterilize the jars and seals in boiling water.
2. In a large pot, bring the water, vinegar, and salt to a boil.
3. Fill the jars with larger whole cucumbers first and then smaller ones on top and in any open spaces, one sprig of dill and garlic cloves.
4. Add brine to jars leaving 1/2-inch headroom. Wipe rim of jar until clean, place sterilized seal on jar, then tighten ring.
5. Place into boiling water bath for 15 minutes. The water should cover the top of the jars.
6. Remove from water bath and let stand for 24-48 hours before removing rings or storing. The seals will be concave when sealed.
7. Store for 4-6 weeks and use as needed.
Calories 12 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.09 g0.13%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.6 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 0.53 g1.1%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet