Life Is Good
It is important to realize that life is good and simple things are the most important ones. No amount of money will ever be able to buy health, true friends or love. Like the old saying goes "The best things in life are free!"
Many people think that happiness is all about how many dollar signs they have in their wallets or bank accounts. They often try to compare their lifestyles to others and this in return can only cause stress , jealousy and unhappiness.
We need to go back to basics and start appreciating everything that we have. It is wonderful to have long term projects, whether it be trips, renovations, cars, homes etc....it is working together towards that common goal that will make it all worthwhile in achieving your dream.
Life is a gift that we can't afford taking for granted. We need to take time to stop and appreciate the small things that are right there before us everyday. Too often, we forget that we only have one life to live and it should be done with simplicity, sharing, caring and compassion.
Here are a few examples of great things life offers to us daily;
- Snuggling with your loved ones on the couch
- rubbing your spouses feet
- giving massages
- holding hands with your children
- taking a nice long walk after a wonderful supper
Nature is forever sending us beautiful moments as well, but we are always too busy to stop and smell the roses.
- Standing outside during a rainfall, arms wide open and enjoying this refreshing moment.
- Pitching a tent in the backyard
- singing great songs and sharing ghost stories around a campfire
- admiring the beauty and mystical sight of a rainbow after a storm
- walking bare feet on the beach
These are all things that can be done, free of charge. It is so important to make wonderful memories and remember special moments for a lifetime.
Go ahead, get out there and enjoy life...please take lots of pictures to share with future generations and let them know that you took the time to enjoy all that life had to offer....no regrets!!
You can view more blogs like these on my website at http://www.thehealthnut.ca/ .
The Health Nut!!