Racked Perch with Chervil
|Perch fillets||8 Ounce|
|Shallots||2 , thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 , cut into matchstick pieces|
|Turnip||1 , cut into matchstick pieces|
|Snipped fresh chervil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Rinse and pat dry perch.
2) Take a heavy skillet and melt butter until foamy.
3) Add shallots, carrot, turnip, and chervil to the pan and cook.
4) Adding wine to the vegetables let it simmer. Close the pan partly.
5) After about 10 minutes, add perch, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and, bring to boil.
6) Now lower the heat and let it simmer until perch is opaque.
7) Serve the racked perch with chervil hot.
Calories 128 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.6 mg10.2%
Sodium 82 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 12 g24.4%
Vitamin A 60.2% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet