Lancaster Perch Rolls
|Perch fillets/Other small white fish||1 Pound (Fresh Or Partly Thawed)|
|Hot dog rolls||4 Large|
|Fried onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar/Lemon juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg yolks/2 eggs, beaten||4|
1. In a saucepan, mix all the dry ingredients and stir in vinegar and water.
2. Cook over low heat until thickened.
3. Let the dressing boil for 1 minute.
4. Spoon some of hot mixture and add to the eggs and then return the egg mixture to the pan.
5. Gently bring it to a boil; keep stirring and cook for 1 minute.
6. Stir in butter and let the dressing cool down.
7. In a skillet, melt butter or heat oil.
8. Dredge fillets in flour mixture and fry in the skillet until brown.
9. Over a skillet, warm the rolls.
10. Add a touch of curry powder to the dressing, if desired.
11. Into the warmed rolls, fill fish fillets and top with cooked dressing and fried onions to taste.
12. Serve immediately.