Yellow Perch Kabobs
|Yellow perch fillets||2 Pound|
|French dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh tomatoes||3 Large|
|Canned whole potatoes||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil/Melted fat||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. Thaw frozen fish.
3. Remove the skin from fish and cut into 1 inch width and 4 inch long strips.
4. In a shallow baking dish, keep the fish strips in a single layer.
5. Pour French dressing on to the fish strips and let it sit for 30 minutes.
6. Wash tomatoes and cut into 7 pieces removing the stem end.
8. Remove the fish strips after 30 minutes and keep aside the French dressing for basting.
9. Mix the dressing with cooking oil or fat thoroughly for basting.
10. Rollover the fish and skew on a skewer alternately with tomato and potato pieces.
11. On a well-greased, hinged wire grill, place the kabobs.
12. Season the kabobs with salt and pepper.
13. Set the kabobs at a height of 4 inches above heat source.
14. Grill for about 5 minutes.
15. Apply sauce onto the kabobs and turn them over.
16. Cook the other side for another 4-6 minutes or until the fish flakes.
17. Serve as appetizer with sauce.