Stuffed Bell Peppers
|Bell peppers||4 Medium|
|For the stuffing|
|Ground coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1⁄4 Pound|
|Sausage||1⁄4 Pound (Hot Spicy Sausage)|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the topping|
|Slivered almonds||1 Tablespoon (As required)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (As required)|
1. Take 2 bell peppers, cut the top off, remove the seeds from inside and par boil them.
2. To par boil the bell peppers, take a hot pot of hot water, bring it to a boil and turn the heat off. Set the peppers in the water for about 3 minutes and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 400 F.
4. Fill 1/4 baking pan with water and set aside.
5. Heat a pan, brown the ground beef and hot spicy sausages with a couple of tbsp of ground coriander.
6. Once browned, transfer the ground meat into a bowl, add chopped tomatoes, feta cheese, slivered almonds and cooked rice. Mix everything well.
7. Spoon the prepared stuffing into the bell peppers until full. Tap them down to level.
8. Sprinkle some slivered almonds and Parmesan cheese on top of the stuffed bell peppers.
9. Place them in a baking pan (filled with just enough water to coat the bottom of the pan).
10. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven for 25 - 30 minutes and on broil for about 2 minutes after that just to brown them.
11. Serve with romaine lettuce and a fruit salad.
Calories 976 Calories from Fat 617
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g108.3%
Saturated Fat 25.8 g129.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 157.8 mg52.6%
Sodium 1497.2 mg62.4%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.9 g67.5%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 48 g95.4%
Vitamin A 46.4% Vitamin C 428.1%
Calcium 79.1% Iron 41.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet