Red Pepper Mini-Pizza
|Nonfat whole wheat pita breads||4 , unsliced (About 4 Inch In Diameter)|
|Low sodium tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated nonfat parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Separate each pita pocket into 2 round halves.
Place pita halves, smooth side down, on a nonstick baking sheet, or on a baking pan lined with a baking-pan liner, and bake for 5 minutes or until crisp.
Lower heat to 350 degrees.
3. Spread tomato sauce on tops of pita breads.
4. Top each pita bread with red pepper, zucchini, onion, and mushrooms.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over mini-pizzas. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if using.
6. Bake until hot for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Variation Substitute nonfat cottage cheese for nonfat mozzarella.