Mashed Potato Stuffed Bell Pepper
|Baking potato||3 Large (about 2 1/2 pounds)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
1. Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the hull and the ribs.
2. Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees.
3. Roast the peppers at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, until they wilt and get a nice dark roasted skin.
4. Clean the potatoes and trim them.
5. Simmer them over a medium high heat in salted water until they are tender and fall off a fork.
6. Whip the potatoes using a beater along with the buttermilk and butter and salt. You should overly salt them for this recipe.
7. Place the peppers in a baking dish so they all stand up and stuff them.
8. Bake them so that the potatoes begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
9. Serve as a side along with your entrée.
Recipe Courtesy of: cookingstoned.tv