Chicken & Pepper Sliders
|Sweet pepper||1 Pound (about 30 mini pepper)|
|Fresh herbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely (oregano and sage)|
|Ground chicken||1 Pound|
|Italian bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Thin smoked bacon||1⁄2 Pound, cut in half (15 slices)|
|Blue cheese salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for dipping sauce)|
|Chili sauce||1 Tablespoon (for dipping sauce)|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree.
2. Slice pepper lengthwise into half.
3. Remove seeds, and membrane inside it, because they will make your dish hot.
4. On baking dish place top and bottom of pepper together. Set them aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, add chicken, herbs, bread crumbs, and egg.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
7. Stuff each pepper half with a teaspoon of chicken mixture. Top it up with remaining half.
8. Wrap ½ slice bacon around each pepper.
9. Place pepper on baking sheet with bacon seam side down.
10. Pop it in oven, and bake for 20 minutes. Turn once about half way through.
11. For dipping sauce, in a bowl mix together blue cheese salad dressing, and chilli sauce.
12. Serve chicken and pepper sliders with blue cheese dipping.
Calories 489 Calories from Fat 318
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.1%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 188.5 mg62.8%
Sodium 1017.4 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.6%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 30 g60.5%
Vitamin A 73.3% Vitamin C 242.1%
Calcium 5% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet