Beef Stuffed Peppers
|Bell peppers||2 Large, cleaned and seeds removed|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (1 1/2 cup for the topping)|
|Grated parmesan and romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2) Chop off the heads of the peppers and scoop out all the seeds and flesh from inside.Give them a good wash.
3) In a medium sauce pan, place the peppers and water to cover them.
4) Add salt and bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Season the tomato sauce with a little bit of olive oil,black pepper,parsley, oregano, basil and salt. Give it a good stir.
6) Chop the pepper tops, onion , garlic and celery.
7) Put 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and saute the chopped onion, garlic and celery.
8) Season the sauteed ingredients with oregano, basil,parsley,salt and pepper.
9) Add 1 cup of the seasoned tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
10)In a mixing bowl, take the ground beef and add black pepper,salt,worcestershire sauce, cooked rice, the egg and a cup of the sauteed mixture.
11)In a baking dish, pour some olive oil and grease the bottom. Place the peppers on it.
12)Generously fill the peppers with the beef mixture.
13)In another small baking dish, place the remaining beef mixture.
14)Top with the seasoned tomato sauce.
15)Top the peppers with the parmesan and romano cheese. Also do the same for the beef mixture in the bowl.
16)Bake for one hour.
17) Serve warm.