1. Halve the two peppers and clean the insides, discarding seeds and pith. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add the tofu, cheddar cheese in small cubes along with the black beans, one tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper and diced parsley. Toss all ingredients well.
3. Coat outside of pepper with olive oil and place on a large piece of aluminum foil.
4. Spoon the mixture into the peppers. Drizzle a little water around them.
5. Pack the peppers in the foil.
6. Place foil package with peppers on grill and cook on the grill on medium heat for about 20 to25 minutes, or until cheese within the pepper is melted and the peppers are lightly charred and soft.
7. Open and serve in the package
You can most certainly cook the peppers in a very hot oven as well.
This recipe was built for the grill and will satisfy not only the herbivores but interest even the most die-hard meat eaters! For a unique and healthy twist on a classic easy stuffed peppers recipe, try out these low-fat, low-cholesterol, low-sodium, stuffed peppers by Chef Binks. Best of all, these vegetarian stuffed peppers cook up in only 25 minutes. Dr. Derek gives you the health benefits and nutrition value of each ingredient going into the peppers.