Veggie Stuffed Peppers
|Cooked chickpeas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked millet||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grape seed oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Fennel||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Eggplant||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black olives||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh basil||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Heat grape seed oil in a pan. Add onions and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat, or until onions are soft and sweet.
2. Add fennel and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add egg plant, garlic, cumin, pepper, mustard seed, cinnamon, black olives, and pine nuts and cook for 5 minutes
4. Add cooked chick peas and millet, lemon juice, tomato juice, and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the fresh mint and basil and remove from heat.
6. Wash the red peppers and cut off the tops. Remove the seeds and inner ribs (pith). Rub the outside of the pepper with olive oil. Stuff each pepper to the rim with mixture and place in a roasting pan. Cover pan with tinfoil.
7. Bake for 1 hour in an oven preheated to 350F.
8. Serve with a shredded cucumber salad with green onion, fresh parsley, and yogurt.