1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To Prepare The Bean Filling : Heat a skillet, add olive oil. Sauté onion.
3. Add black beans, crushed garlic, chipotle pepper, small sweet peppers, chili powder , paprika, frozen corn and salt. Stir it all together until cooked. Keep aside.
4. To Prepare the Peppers: Slice 3 poblano peppers in half lengthwise (you can use green too) scrape out seeds.
5. Stuff pepper halves with the rice, then the bean topping. Add vegan bread crumbs (we use Edward & Sons). Add pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Take out of oven and add vegan queso on top (we used the food-for-lovers.com brand)
8. Serve hot.
This is the perfect appetizer, especially if you have a bunch of vegan friends coming over. I also think that this could be a great midnight snack. In this video, the chef shows us how to make it. And it is pretty nutritious too. Enjoy!