Meat And Rice Stuffed Green Peppers
|Green peppers||4 , nicely shaped (Squatty)|
|Thyme/Savory /curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cooked lamb/Beef /ham /other meat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Gravy/Tomato sauce /mushroom soup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Slice the top of each pepper and scoop out its seeds.
2. Take a saucepan and fill it with boiling water upto ½ inch
3. Cover it tightly and steam for about 5 minutes.
4. Dust pepper and salt inside the saucepan with a little curry powder, or thyme or ground savory.
5. Take a saucepan and combine meat, rice, onion and sauce or gravy or soup enough to moisten the mixture.
6. Spoon this mixture into peppers and round it with a topping of cheese.
7. Place the stuffed pepper in a pan with ½ inch water in its bottom.
8. Bake the peppers in oven at 350°F for 40 minutes.
Serve the stuffed pepper with more gravy or sauce to moisten the filling.