Seasoned Meat Stuffed Peppers
|Long grain rice||65 Gram|
|Chopped cooked ham/Streaky bacon||100 Gram|
|Grated cheddar cheese||100 Gram|
|Worcestershire sauce||30 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) Cook the rice in plenty of boiling salted water until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
3) Drain in a sieve and rinse with hot water.
4) Carefully cut a hole around the stalk end of each pepper and remove the core and seeds.
5) If necessary, cut a thin slice from the base of the pepper so that it will stand upright.
6) Mix together the cooked rice, ham or bacon, cheese, Worcestershire sauce and a little salt and pepper.
7) Pack the stuffing into each pepper, pressing it down well.
8) Put the water and the trivet into the cooker.
9) Stand the peppers upright on the trivet.
10) Close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
11) Reduce the pressure quickly.
12) Carefully lift out the peppers from cooker.
13) Sprinkle grated cheese over peppers and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 886 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.4%
Saturated Fat 24.2 g120.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.2 mg47.1%
Sodium 2320.8 mg96.7%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g41.9%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 47 g93.8%
Vitamin A 73.5% Vitamin C 810.9%
Calcium 81.7% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet