Stuffed Peppers Guatemala
|White bread slice||3 , cubed|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canadian bacon/Ham||1 Pound, finely chopped, fully cooked (About 3 Cup)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Crumbled oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crumbled thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red peppers||4 Medium, cut in half lengthwise, seed and pith removed|
1) Wash the peppers and cut them. Half-boil the peppers and keep aside.
2) Put the bread in a blender and make 1 cup soft crumbs. Keep the crumbs aside.
3) Take a pan and heat the salad oil on medium heat.
4) Put onion and saute for 10 minutes.
5) Add the bacon or ham, tomato sauce, crumbs, oregano leaves, thyme leaves and parsley.
6) Boil the mixture for 5 minutes till the liquid evaporates.
7) Take the baking pan and put the peppers.
8) Pour the meat mixture evenly over the pepper.
9) Bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees.
10) Serve the dish in a serving platter.