Savory Stuffed Green Peppers
|Green peppers||6 Medium|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked|
|Golden raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cashews||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), salted and chopped|
|White sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
1) Wash the peppers and slice the stem end. Discard the seeds and half-boil them. Drain the peppers and keep aside.
2) Take a pan and heat it.
3) Add salt, crumbled beef and onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
4) Remove the pan from heat and add garlic salt, cooked rice, cinnamon, raisins, nuts and 1/2 cup white sauce.
5) Mix them well and stuff into the peppers.
6) Place the peppers in a baking pan.
7) Mix the remaining white sauce and cheese together.
8) Pour the cheese mixture over each peppers.
9) Add around 1/2 inch boiling water to the pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
10) Serve the peppers in a serving plate.