Prime Time Stuffed Peppers
|Bell peppers||8 , top removed, scooped, deseeded and blanched (assorted)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, drained and washed (1 can)|
|Canned corn||11 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned diced green chilies||4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon (smoke flavored)|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Monterey jack cheese/Jalapeno pepper jack cheese||2 Ounce, grated (1/2 cup)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Season blanched peppers with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine rest of the ingredients (apart from cheese) and mix well.
4. Place 1 cup mixture in each seasoned bell pepper and transfer on to a 9 inch x 13 inch baking pan.
5. Cover with foil and bake in pre heated oven for 20 minutes.
6. Once baked, remove from oven and top each pepper with cheese.
7. Bake for 5 more minutes or till cheese melts.
8. Once cheese melts, remove from oven and keep aside.
9. Place on presentation platter and serve warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2687 Calories from Fat 852
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g150.5%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg20%
Sodium 5702.4 mg237.6%
Total Carbohydrates 367 g122.5%
Dietary Fiber 62.1 g248.6%
Sugars 61.4 g
Protein 89 g178.4%
Vitamin A 104.1% Vitamin C 1700.1%
Calcium 126.9% Iron 129.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet