Hot Pepper Prawns
|Uncooked prawns||1 Pound (450 g)|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Groundnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh chili||2 , de-seeded and coarsely chopped|
|Black beans||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
|Spring onions||4 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
|White rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon, mixed with 2 tsp water|
1. Peel the shells of prawns and remove their fine digestive cord using small sharp knife.
2. Dry the prawns by pressing on kitchen paper.
3. Blend the cleaned prawns with salt, sesame oil and corn flour.
4. Take a large-frying pan and heat oil in it. Saute prawns until they turn brown.
5. Stir the prawns for an additional minute and remove them using slotted spoon.
6. Add black beans, chilies, spring onions and garlic to the remaining oil and stir fry them for 20 seconds. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, corn flour mixture and sugar.
7. Spoon the prawns back to work and cook for 2 more minutes.
Serve hot pepper prawns with freshly steamed rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 952 Calories from Fat 374
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.1%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 743.9 mg248%
Sodium 4889.3 mg203.7%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.8%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 76 g151.3%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 115.2%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet