Hot Pepper Prawns
|Uncooked prawns||1 Pound (450 g)|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Groundnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh chili||2 , de-seeded and coarsely chopped|
|Black beans||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
|Spring onions||4 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
|White rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon, mixed with 2 tsp water|
1. Peel the shells of prawns and remove their fine digestive cord using small sharp knife.
2. Dry the prawns by pressing on kitchen paper.
3. Blend the cleaned prawns with salt, sesame oil and corn flour.
4. Take a large-frying pan and heat oil in it. Saute prawns until they turn brown.
5. Stir the prawns for an additional minute and remove them using slotted spoon.
6. Add black beans, chilies, spring onions and garlic to the remaining oil and stir fry them for 20 seconds. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, corn flour mixture and sugar.
7. Spoon the prawns back to work and cook for 2 more minutes.
Serve hot pepper prawns with freshly steamed rice.