Shredded Chicken With Green Pepper And Carrots
|Chicken breasts||3 , boned, split and skinned|
|Soy sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
|Whole carrot||1 , thinly shredded|
|Green pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Fresh ginger/Scallion - 1 stalk, sliced into 1/2-inch lengths||1 Teaspoon, thinly shredded|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1) With a very sharp knife, cut chicken breasts in paper thin, horizontal slices. For easy cutting, use slightly frozen chicken breasts.
2) Cut the chicken slices in 1/8 inch wide and 1 1/2-2 inches long strips.
3) In a bowl, place the chicken strips.
4) In a bowl, combine half of the cornstarch and half of the soy sauce with the sherry and egg white.
5) Pour this mixture over the chicken slivers and let stand 30 minutes.
6) In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
7) Add the carrot slivers to sautÃ© for 1 minute.
8) Add green pepper to sautÃ© for 1 minute.
9) Transfer the vegetables from the pan to a plate.
10) In the same pan, add remaining 4 tablespoons oil to heat up.
11) Add ginger or scallion to sautÃ© for 30 seconds.
12) Use a slotted spoon, to add the chicken into the pan after removing from the soy sauce.
13) Continue stirring the chicken, until it shreds and turns white.
14) Add reserved vegetable mixture, sugar and remaining soy sauce to the pan.
15) Cook to heat thoroughly.
16) Pour in remaining 2 teaspoons of cornstarch dissolved in 2 teaspoons of cold water.
17) Cook the preparation until all the ingredients are well glazed with a clear sauce.
18) Serve hot with on rice or noodles.