Jarlsberg Stuffed Peppers
Zucchini - 1 cup, sliced & quartered
Onion - 1/2 cup, chopped
Garlic - 1 medium clove, minced
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Basil - 1/4 teaspoon, crushed
Cooked rice - 1 cup
Jarlsberg cheese - 2 cups, shredded
Boiling salted water - 10 cups
Tomato sauce (optional)
Fresh basil for garnish
1) Cut peppers lengthwise into half. Remove seeds, stem and membrane. Wash inside and out. Cook peppers in boiling salted water for 5 minutes and drain.
2) In a skillet, brown the meat, stirring to break into bits.
3) Add mushrooms, zucchini, onion, garlic, salt, and basil. Cook until vegetables are tender; stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
4) Stir in rice and 1 1/2 cups Jarlsberg cheese.
5) Lightly stuff pepper halves with this mixture. Place the hollowed side up on a greased baking dish. Spoon 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce over peppers, if desired. Cover and bake for 40 minutes at 350° F.
6) Uncover and add the remaining cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes.
7) Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.