Pepper Stuffed Toaaatoes
|Tomatoes||6 Medium, top cut off|
|Reduced calorie italian salad dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Sweet yellow pepper||1 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Grated part skim mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Using a melon scooper, scoop out pulp from each tomato, keeping outer shell intact. Invert on to absorbent paper and keep aside.
2. Reserve pulp, chop and measure to get 1 cup chopped pulp. Discard remaining pulp.
3. Pre heat an oven at 175C (350F).
4. In a large sized skillet, combine dressing and peppers. Mix well and sautÃ© on a medium flame till peppers soften.
5. Add chopped tomato pulp and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for few more minutes.
6. Remove from flame and stuff each tomato with prepared mixture.
7. Place stuffed shells on to a 12 inch x 8 inch x 2 inch baking tin/ dish and bake in pre heated oven for 10 minutes.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and top each with cheese.
9. Place bake on top most deck of oven (grill function) and bake or 1 more minute or till cheese melts.
10. Place on a serving platter and serve warm.