Cheese Stuffed Pepper
|Green pepper||1 Medium|
|Skim milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, shredded|
|Tomato juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried onion flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly-ground|
|Garlic powder||To Taste (as needed (if desired))|
1. From the top of the pepper, cut a thin slice to remove seeds; leave shell unbroken.
2. In a bowl, mix milk and crumbled bread.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the crumb mixture and mix lightly.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a saucepan, boil water and cook pepper in it for 3 minutes until they soften.
6. Remove and place inverted for draining.
7. Stuff the peppers with the bread crumb mixture.
8. Replace the slice of pepper cut from the top, if desired; in that case the top should also be parboiled.
9. In a baking dish, place the stuffed pepper and pour about 1 tablespoon of water.
10. Place the dish in oven and bake for about 30 minutes until tender.
11. Brush with water occasionally.
12. Serve Cheese Stuffed Pepper with Caesar salad and crusty breads.