Savory Stuffed Peppers
|Green peppers||6 Medium|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Instant chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Season all||2 Teaspoon|
|Rubbed sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beef base||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), hot|
|Muenster cheese slice||6|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Rinse the peppers, cut off the tops and remove all seeds.
3) Allow the whole peppers to steam for 5 minutes.
4) In a skillet, saute the beef in oil, until lightly browned and crumbly.
5) Stir in the onions, ketchup, bread crumbs, basil leaves, Season-All, salt and sage.
6) Stuff the peppers with the beef mixture and place in a baking dish.
7) In a small bowl, dissolve the beef flavor base in hot water and pour into the baking dish.
8) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
9) Place the cheese slices over each pepper and sprinkle with paprika.
10) Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for another 10 minutes.
11) Serve the Savory Stuffed Peppers, immediately on a serving platter.
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.8 mg22.3%
Sodium 486.5 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 203.4%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet