Baked Stuffed Peppers
|Lean beef/Lean veal / lamb||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Canned mushrooms||5 Ounce (1 Can, 4 Or 5 Ounces)|
|Dried onion flakes||7 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 500°F.
2) Brush the bottom of a baking pan with butter.
3) Slice the peppers, ½ inch form the top.
4) Remove and discard the membranes and seeds, taking care not to cut the shell so as to keep the shells intact.
5) In a saucepan, bring the water to boil with salt and cook the peppers for 5 minutes.
6) Remove the peppers, place it upside down to drain completely.
7) In a bowl, mix together beef or veal, mushrooms, onion flakes, salt, pepper, garlic salt and oregano.
8) Stuff the peppers with mushroom mixture.
9) Place the peppers upside down a baking dish to drain the excess fat while baking.
10) Bake for 40 minutes or until pepper are tender.
11) Serve hot with small mixed salad with tomato sauce on side.