Roasted Red Peppers
|Sweet red peppers||2 1⁄2 Pound (8 Medium Ones)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) (Small Cloves)|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 450F.
2) Wash red peppers, drain and pat dry.
3) On a cookie sheet arrange peppers.
4) Bake for about 20 minutes till charred. Turn peppers every 5 minutes while baking with tongs.
5) In a large kettle put hot peppers, cover the kettle.
6) Let stand for 15 minutes.
7) With a sharp knife peel off the charred skin.
8) Cut into four and discard the ribs and seeds. Remove dark spots if any.
9) In a large bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic.
10) Mix the peppers to it and toss.
11) Spoon pepper mixture and anchovy fillets into a 1-quart jar and lid tightly.
12) Chill for several hours or overnight.
13) Serve as is or on a tossed salad.