Spicy Stuffed Peppers
|Scallions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 , seeded and thinly sliced|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Sweet red peppers||4 Large|
1) Cut about 1/2 inch off the top or each pepper.
2) Discard the seeds and pith.
3) Steam the whole peppers in the steamer until tender.
4) In a skillet, sautÃ© scallions and garlic in the oil for 4 minutes.
5) Add the tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, parsley, oregano, cumin and bay leaf.
6) Bring the mixture to a boil
7) Simmer for 10 minutes stirring frequently or until the mixture has thickened.
8) Add the corn, half cover the skillet and simmer for 8 minutes.
9) Discard the bay leaf.
10) Stir in the beans.
11) Divide the stuffing among the peppers.
12) Stuff the peppers with the corn stuffing.
13) Serve the Spicy Stuffed Peppers hot and put the tops of the pepper on.