Multi Colored Stuffed Peppers
|Colored peppers||4 1⁄2 Ounce (Assorted, Use Red, Green, Yellow And Black)|
|Vecon||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Vegetable Stock Concentrate)|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cooked brown rice||6 Ounce|
|Cooked chickpeas||4 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated cheddar cheese||4 Ounce|
1) From the peppers, remove the lids and scrape out the seeds.
2) From the pepper lids, chop the flesh.
3) Rinse the celery thoroughly and chop them fine.
4) In a large bowl, combine the chopped celery, chopped pepper and butter or margarine.
5) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes, or until the celery turns crisp and tender.
6) To this, add the Vecon, tomatoes along with the juice, rice and chickpeas.
7) Add salt and pepper to taste and mix gently.
8) Into the peppers, press the stuffing carefully.
9) In a shallow dish containing 4 tablespoons water, place the peppers, with the stuffed side facing up.
10) On high power, cook covered for 8 minutes.
11) Give each pepper a half turn and then cook again, covered for 2 to 4 minutes, or until the peppers are soft and the filling is heated through.
12) With cheese, top the peppers and under the grill brown for a while.
13) Serve the Multi Colored Stuffed Peppers on their own or with rice and baked potatoes.