Bake Ziti With Red Pepper Bechamel
|Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Finely chopped red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crushed|
|Rosemary sprig||1 Small|
|Dried red pepper flakes||10 Pinch|
|Bechamel sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ziti||6 Ounce, cooked, drained|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8" square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In medium nonstick skillet, heat oil; add pepper. Saute, stirring, 3 minutes, until just tender. Add onion and garlic; saute 2 minutes, until onion is softened.
3. Add tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, rosemary and pepper flakes; cover and simmer until peppers are completely soft, 20 minutes. Uncover and cook until any remaining liquid evaporates.
4. Press mixture through medium disk of a food mill (or through a wire mesh sieve). Transfer to large bowl; stir in Bechamel Sauce. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese; toss to combine.
5. Scrape mixture into prepared pan; sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Bake 15 minutes; sprinkle with parsley.