Anchovy & Caper Stuffed Green Peppers
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, peeled seeded and chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
1. Remove the stalk, tops and seeds of peppers.
2. In a pan fry the onions and garlic, add the tomatoes, capers, olives, parsley and chopped anchovies.
3. Mix in the breadcrumbs and season with salt & pepper.
4. Fill each green pepper with that much of the mixture it can hold.
5. In a shallow pan, fry the green peppers in oil until done on all sides.
6. Lowering the flame, simmer and turn occasionally till the peppers are golden brown.
7. Serve the peppers hot or cold or as desired.
Do not use too much salt when frying the anchovies because the anchovies are salty.
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg5%
Sodium 339.4 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C 238.6%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet